Sunday, April 10, 2011

Recent Achievements in the Field of Living in Nashville

In the past few weeks I have hit some personal milestones:

I became an official Nashville Zoo docent (with official safari vest uniform.)
Docent Vest

Which was celebrated with a special party. Pictured below is the cake featuring our beloved baby giraffe.
Docent Cake

I saw a live broadcast of A Prairie Home Companion at the Ryman Auditorium, which was an overwhelmingly good time. The musical guest was Emmylou Harris, and it was amazing to watch the program in the very building that inspired it.
Prairie Home Campanion, at the Ryman Auditorium

I cooked up some exotic local produce, including yellow-eyed peas (a Southern cousin to black eyed peas.) Served these little rascals with turnip greens and hot sauce.
Yellow-Eyed Peas

I found the beginnings of a bird nest, blown into my yard by a fit of tornado weather last Monday.
bird's nest

No comments:

Post a Comment