Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The night I turned 29

Matt and I had a quick pint before dinner.

beers

Featured is UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen (mine) and Kona Pipeline Porter (his).

Then Matt took me to a special birthday dinner at The Melting Pot (aka Melted Chocolate and Cheese, Inc). This was an act of extreme kindness, especially since it was little-black-dress-eat-fondue-and-bitch-with-your-girlfriends promotional night, and he was the only man there not waiting tables.

Also, check out that outfit. What a saint!

Melting pot - matt

Obligatory Melting Pot money shot.

melting pot - cheese

For dessert we dripped a variety of tidbits (including baby rice krispy treats) into a mixture of dark chocolate and chambord. Shown here is the aftermath. Note that I am drinking a glass of port, because over the course of the meal I was transformed into a moneyed patriarch.

Melting pot - dessert

I am definitely feeling my age because this was exactly how I wanted to spend my birthday.

Of course, there will be some revelry this weekend, and some pictures, perhaps, to illustrate to proper way to give a rebel yell.

1 comment:

  1. heads up, lady: 29 is a very, very good age to be. enjoy all the moments and minutes. :)

    - Nikki

    ReplyDelete