Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Zoo School, part 3

It has been an epic journey, but zoo school has come to an end. As of Saturday, March 19th, I am an official docent! For my final exam I interpreted the Bengal Tiger exhibit for an hour during a busy Saturday afternoon, while experienced docents and our fearless leader stopped by to observe. It was a bit nerve-wracking but once I got up there my substitute teaching experience kicked in and I was chatting it up like a pro.

This weekend is our zoo school graduation party. There is rumor of a very special cake, and I'll do my best to take some snapshots.

Until then, please check out some of my new zoo pals:

Rhinoceros Hornbill, Nashville Zoo
Rhinoceros Hornbill


Red River Hogs, Nashville Zoo
Red River Hogs


Elephant Barn, Nashville Zoo
two lady-elephants, shot from inside their barn


Elephants, Nashville Zoo
a closer look at these gorgeous girls!


Wild Husbro
not a zoo pal, but my favorite captive beast

No comments:

Post a Comment